The Turkish Coalition of America (TCA) is proud to announce the 1st Annual Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress to be held in Washington, DC, October 9-12, 2014.
The Youth Leadership Congress is open to undergraduate/graduate students and recent graduates of Turkish American heritage who wish to become active in American civic and political life, contribute to U.S.-Turkey relations and the Turkish American community and are committed to advancing the TCA mission.
TCA will select up to 30 young Turkish Americans to participate in this exclusive forum. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Expand their knowledge on U.S.-Turkey relations;
- Learn about the political systems in Turkey and the U.S.;
- Meet members of Congress, diplomats and policy experts;
- Increase their awareness on Turkish historical heritage in the United States and issues of importance to Turkish Americans;
- Learn about effective advocacy in the American political system;
- Develop their leadership roles in the Turkish American community; and
- Establish networks with their peers from across the United States.
The Youth Congress will include discussions with U.S. congressional staff members, American and Turkish diplomats and scholars, representatives of Turkish American community organizations, and plenty of opportunities to network with leaders in U.S.-Turkish relations and with other young Turkish Americans. The program will also feature events highlighting the cultural and national landmarks of Washington, DC.
For more information on eligibility and to apply, please link here. TCA will provide assistance for transportation and/or lodging to individuals selected to attend the Congress.
The deadline to apply for the TCA Turkish American Youth Leadership Congress is September 5, 2014.